Looking ahead on the parish calendar, we will have our usual Thanksgiving Day Mass at 9:00 A.M. in the Paulding church. As we spend the day thanking God for all the good things he has given us, please consider starting the day off with the most powerful prayer of thanksgiving that we can ever offer here on earth: the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. After all, the word “Eucharist” comes to us from Greek, in which the word literally means, “giving thanks.” Not only do we give thanks to God through the action of the Mass itself, but recognizing how God provides for us, and thanking Him appropriately are fruits of receiving the Eucharist.
Also looking ahead on the parish calendar, Advent is not far away! This means, of course, that you can mark your calendar for our Advent Days of Grace. I will be hearing confessions:
- Wednesday, December 1 in Antwerp: 8:30-10:00, 12:00-2:00, and 5:00-9:00
- Wednesday, December 15 in Paulding: 8:30-10:00, 12:00-2:00, and 5:00-8:00
- Wednesday, December 22 in Payne: 8:30-10:00, 12:00-2:00, and 5:00-8:00
This year, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception (Dec. 8) is a Holy Day of Obligation. We will have Mass at 7:00 P.M. in Antwerp on December 7, at 9:15 A.M. in Payne on December 8 (school Mass), and at 12:00 on December 8 in Paulding.
In case you would like to plan ahead for your Christmas activities with family and friends, the following is what we have slated for our Christmas Masses:
- Christmas Eve 4:00 P.M. Mass in Antwerp
- Christmas Eve 6:00 P.M. Mass in Payne
- Christmas Eve 10:00 P.M. Mass in Paulding
- Christmas Day 9:00 A.M. Mass in Antwerp
Blessings to you all!